Do not include a title page for your paper unless your instructor requests one. Instead, put your name, the name of your instructor, the course title or number if applicable and the date in the upper left-hand corner of the first page, using a double-space format.
For example:. Below this, type the title of your paper in Title Case regular capitalization and center it on the page.
Do not underline or italicize the title, use quotation marks, or type the title in all capital letters. The MLA Handbook dictates that you set your paper's margins to one inch, which means that there should be one inch of space between the text and the edge of the paper.
How to setup MLA formatting in Word - Ask NWTC
Microsoft Word's default setting is one-inch margins, although some word processing programs are set at 1. Indent the first line of each paragraph at the left-hand margin by using the Tab key on your keyboard, not by pressing the space bar repeatedly. Place a header containing your last name and the page number in the upper right-hand corner of each page of your paper, placing the information half an inch from the top of the page.
- ap english literature essay scoring rubric.
- essay on self help groups;
- How to Cite a Research Report in MLA Format?
- literature review outline dissertation.
- More templates like this;
- Language & Lit.
See Also. Thanks for info!
- Step 1: Materials.
- essay grader application.
- MLA Format on Microsoft Word 2010.
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide // Purdue Writing Lab;
- How to Cite a Research Report in MLA Format | Pen and the Pad.
- APA, MLA & ASA Citation Guides | Normandale Community College.
- How do I cite a dissertation in MLA style? | The MLA Style Center?
Thanks for sharing such an informative post with us. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published.
Sandhills Community College. Step 1 Your Microsoft Word document should default with the 1" margins. Step 2 Set line spacing to double, font to "Times New Roman" and size Step 3 Create a header with your last name and automatic page numbering.